Author Topic: FreeSCAN 0.9G Available  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
FreeSCAN 0.9G Available
« on: November 14, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »
It has been a while but a new version is available with new feature, improvements and bug fixes.

.9G
-------------------------
-New: FreeSCAN will now load any file associated with it or specified in the command line on startup.
-New: You can now optionally turn off automatic download sorting if you would like to preserve your system order.
-New: Added a button to test communications to the COM Port setup dialog.
-New: Jump to frequency has been redone, also now compatible with XT scanners
-New: Turn on/off Radio ID through options
-New: Automatic Radio ID tracking has been added to logging.
-This trackers logs every radio ID found, associated TGID and system. It also provides a remark
field so you can jot down quick notes on new finds.
-New: You can now copy a log directly to the clipboard by selecting Log * Copy To Clipboard
-New: You can choose to show/hide the main window from within virtual control.
RR Web Service Changes:
-New: Site notes from the RR Web service are now imported along with the system. When you click on a site,
the associated note will appear under the site settings.
-New: Bandplans for trunk sites importing from RR are now handled on a per-site basis versus a per system basis.
This is to accommodate the new systems that have different bandplans for different towers.
-New: All RR Web service messages are now logged.
-Change: When printing a quick reference card, the columns now automatically resize to
account for different font sizes and prevent wrapped.
-Fix: When importing from RR and selecting to download only controls channels, on some systems
certain control channels get put in the wrong group.
-Fix: Issue with importing quick key from some file types.
-Fix: Problem with exporting logs
-Fix: Issue with downloading systems from RR that have more then 400 groups.
-Fix: Issue with negative AGC parameters causing an upload error on XT scanners.
-Other bug fixes and improvements.

Download it at:
http://scannow.org/download.htm
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 09:43:32 PM by Assaf »

Offline chili

• Contributing Member
  • Scanning Enthusiast
Re: FreeSCAN 0.9G Available
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 09:26:54 PM »
 :)
Hello Assaf,

Thanks for the .9G.  I downloaded it and it works great.. I cannot say anything about using RR.com with this as I am not a paying member of RR.com so I cannot download from RR.com using EZ-Grab!

I love the RID logger.  However, right away I noticed that all the RIDs that I have assigned names do not show in the logger.  E.g, say, RID i103 is assigned the name "Joe Dispatcher".  Every time i103 is on, "Joe Dispatcher" appears on my screen instead of  "i103".

FreeSCAN 0.9G does not log in i103 or "Joe Dispatcher" whenever this RID is transmitting.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? Assaf.

Thanks again for great and neat stuff!

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 10:23:30 PM »
So are you talking about the Radio ID tracker? It will log IDs that pop up on the screen such as "UID:i12345". So if it doesn't pop up it doesn't get logged. Currently there is no other method of determining the current ID other then screen scraping. But I see this as a benefit, since this way it frees the Radio ID tracker from logging ID's you already know about.

Offline tomvanderpool

• Global Moderator
  • Scanner Fanatic
  • Don't Panic
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 10:34:05 PM »
I *think* where he's going is to have i15305 aliased (or named) as East Dispatcher (my friend joe/whatever) have THAT show up in the log rather than the i15305.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

There are 10 kinds of people in the world,
those that know binary and those that don't

Offline chili

• Contributing Member
  • Scanning Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 06:53:27 AM »

You are right, Tom,

I would like at least the RID number to show up if I had to have only one, so that I can know, if in fact, a particular unit id was at least on the air in given period of time..  I like to assign aliases because I have a few friends in the poh-leece force.

I guess I want too much info, like on my home cordless phone.. it shows the caller's name AND the caller's phone number.

Assaf, maybe the column you have for comment could be used for the alias? Asking for too much?  Whatever, FreeSCAN is getting better and better.

Thanks.

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 05:38:09 PM »
Well I am going to try and reproduce this to get an idea of what you are talking about. I think the ones you already programmed should pop up with the alias in the linear log.

By the way, you can use Ez-Grab without having to be a paid subscriber to RR. The subscription is only if you want to use the web service import to bring in data.

Offline randybcd396t

• Contributing Member
  • Scanning Enthusiast
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 05:54:44 PM »
RR Web Service Changes:
-New: Bandplans for trunk sites importing from RR are now handled on a per-site basis versus a per system basis.
This is to accommodate the new systems that have different bandplans for different towers.

I was able to verify this enhancement. Thanks...

Offline MeanT6

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 12:55:26 AM »
396 xt
Windows XP    SP3

Great upgrade for a great program keep it up

Can not seem to get anything to show up on radio id in log viewer
Can not find where to turn off automatic sorting when downloading from scanner
How do use the id tracker?

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2009, 06:37:40 AM »
396 xt
Windows XP    SP3

Great upgrade for a great program keep it up

Can not seem to get anything to show up on radio id in log viewer
Can not find where to turn off automatic sorting when downloading from scanner
How do use the id tracker?

For the radio IDs, just check to make sure you have the latest firmware, and goto Settings * Disp Unit ID on the scanner's front panel to enable it. You can turn off the automatic sorting in the download dialog box by selecting the freescan menu and then clearing where it says "Auto sort system list". Hope that helps.

Offline chili

• Contributing Member
  • Scanning Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2009, 08:27:46 AM »
Well I am going to try and reproduce this to get an idea of what you are talking about. I think the ones you already programmed should pop up with the alias in the linear log.

By the way, you can use Ez-Grab without having to be a paid subscriber to RR. The subscription is only if you want to use the web service import to bring in data.

Yes, Assaf, I can use Ez-Grab merely by copying a table from Excel, and then turn off or on the ignore/other switches.  Works very good.  I can also copy from RR.com and do the same... 

Great stuff.. Ez-Grab is.

Offline kc2rgw

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2009, 09:54:36 AM »
Working great for me on XP so far with a 396XT with latest firmware.

Tested before and after the firmware update too, all was well both ways.  All the AGC errors went away and it appears to program the AGC the way I set it in the software now too...didn't used to.

I don't have much activity for digital so I'm really unsure if the unit ID thing is fully working, but there are no errors at all using FreeScan.

Nice job.

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2009, 06:10:47 PM »
Glad to hear everything is working. 8)

Offline firenutts

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2009, 06:24:23 PM »
Building a new conventional p25 sytem as per Upman's site, I was in the one frequency trunking to establish the listing of portable and mobiles on our local p25 poh-leece and fire and when I attemped to sroll down the "add and delete" icons go away.  just letting you know.  ps I am using .9G

Also I noticed I have to go into the radio and manually go into that system every time after I upload and turn on the "search" option un the P25 NAC Option.  I don't see it in the .9g software.

Thank you for all the work you do!  Its greatly appreciated

sorry forgot to add:  396xt 1.08 firmware .9G FreeSCAN windows XP sp3
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 08:22:04 PM by firenutts »

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 05:21:08 PM »
Ok so the add and delete icons.. I take it you mean the ones that appear when you edit TGID groups???

You can turn on NAC search by entering SRCH in the NAC field.

Building a new conventional p25 sytem as per Upman's site, I was in the one frequency trunking to establish the listing of portable and mobiles on our local p25 poh-leece and fire and when I attemped to sroll down the "add and delete" icons go away.  just letting you know.  ps I am using .9G

Also I noticed I have to go into the radio and manually go into that system every time after I upload and turn on the "search" option un the P25 NAC Option.  I don't see it in the .9g software.

Thank you for all the work you do!  Its greatly appreciated

sorry forgot to add:  396xt 1.08 firmware .9G FreeSCAN windows XP sp3

Offline firenutts

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 06:46:19 PM »
Ok so the add and delete icons.. I take it you mean the ones that appear when you edit TGID groups???

You can turn on NAC search by entering SRCH in the NAC field.

yes the TGID edit for the P25 One freq trunk system screen.

And No it appears the toggle needs to be on the Trunked system setup in the P25 One freq trunk system,  On the scanner its self you have to go menue=> edit sys option=>P25 NAC Option  I hope this helps

Offline chili

• Contributing Member
  • Scanning Enthusiast
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 12:06:34 PM »
 :)  Assaf,

1.  How do you start a new thread?  This is why I am just "replying" to this thread.
2.  Here is my question:

Using .9G:

I want to copy from one group  (e.g. cf capture1 snipping) by highlighting all the columns.  (Note NAC is in column 10).

Then I go and form a new group elsewhere and want to use EZ-Grab! but get only 9 columns, (cf Capture2 snipping). I want to have the NAC column included.

Is there an option I do not know of that expands the number of columns EZ-Grab! can have?

Thanks.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 12:20:18 PM by chili »

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 02:07:42 PM »
You can just paste directly, no need to use EZ Grab if you are copying within the program.