Author Topic: Update  (Read 675 times)

Offline Assaf

• Sysop
  • Posts a lot
    • scannow.org
Update
« on: August 18, 2016, 07:15:53 PM »
I have been away for a while now for a number of reasons. Part of them is undergoing a lot of schooling and attempting a career transition which for the past two years has consumed much of my time and energy. As a result, FreeSCAN and everything else has taken to the back burner.

However, I do have actual spare time these days so I can get back to doing this stuff. I haven't kept up with any scanner things in a very long time so if there are new models that came out in the past couple years I have no idea about them. A lot of you have also made donations via Paypal and I seldom reply back with a thank you but I do really appreciate each and every one and I do want to get back into things and get FreeSCAN either opensource or updated or both as a way of saying thank you.

For the iOS apps, you will notice they are no longer on the store. I haven't updated the apps in a long time and the iOS operating system has been updated many times. As a result, I cannot guarantee that the apps will perform properly and it would be irresponsible for me to continue selling them. Eventually though once I get FS sorted back out I would like to bring back the apps and work on making the remote control app in particular a lot better.

For my Bearscan app (essentially FreeSCAN for OSX), its been so long since I've worked on it I don't even quite remember what state it was in when I left it. I haven't given up on it, and even though it may never reach the functionality that FS has I do want to release it as an inexpensive app on the App Store.

Anyways thats just a quick update. I'm not dead or anything. Sorry for keeping y'all in the dark and again thank you for the support you've given me over the years.

Offline WB6AJE

Re: Update
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 02:44:13 PM »
Great on getting more schooling and best to you on your career change.
Was curious if it would be possible to allow you addressing to include an internet IP address and port number?
I use you program for local programming (using a Com Port) but do have remote scanner via IP addressing.

Thanks for your great product.

John B.