Author Topic: Blind Person Wishing To Use FreeScan  (Read 255 times)

Offline pdevasto

Blind Person Wishing To Use FreeScan
« on: April 17, 2018, 11:37:40 AM »
I am a new member who happens to be totally blind. I'm about to get a BCD325P2 scanner and was hoping to be able to use FreeScan to help me set it up. I've downloaded the program, and see there is what's called a "blind-friendly" mode available. It does have lots of useful keyboard shortcuts, but I'm having trouble figuring out if there's a way I can edit specific fields. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, and I've worked closely with computers and screen reading software all my life. Are there any other blind users of FreeScan out there? If not, can someone perhaps give me some suggestions about how to get to fields that need editing, like frequencies, system/group names, etc.?
Thank you in advance,
Pete De Vasto

Offline analog

Re: Blind Person Wishing To Use FreeScan
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 07:36:42 PM »
If you are near Phoenix Arizona area I can help you in person. I understand sight impairment. I will not charge any fee. Please email me or reply here.

Offline pdevasto

Re: Blind Person Wishing To Use FreeScan
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 11:13:57 AM »
Hi and thank you for your reply. Did not see this till just now because I thought I'd get an e-mail any time a reply to my topic came in. Unfortunately I am in Portland, OR, which is kind of far from Phoenix! <smile> Good news is I was able to figure out quite a bit about the program to where I have my BCD325P2 configured with two conventional systems. I've figured out how to create groups and set up quick keys, start keys and number tags. Only place I'm having trouble now is importing from RR. I want to pull down a P25 trunking system, and I can get to the point where it says my system has 22 entities, but when I go to the dropdowns to select which ones I want, nothing shows up. Have you seen this behavior at all? To get there if you have an RR subscription, You'd do File > Import > RR Trunking. Then, United States > Oregon > Multnoma county. I'm running Windows 10 64-bit. I also have an iPhone. So if you're serious about trying to give me a hand, maybe we could set up a video call with soething like Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangouts or something? Thank you again for your reply. It's been frustrating because I've reached out to many different places and you are the only person who has gotten back to me. Pete